Custom Knee Braces: Uses & Benefits – Custom Brace Experts in Calgary
Action Sports Clinic is Calgary’s leading provider of custom knee braces for joint-related conditions. We have been providing orthopedic braces since 1999, and we are proud to be a partner with some of the best companies in the world. Our goal is to get you back on your feet as soon as possible so that you can enjoy life without limitations. We carry both off-the-shelf and custom-designed knee braces, so there’s something for everyone!
If you’re suffering from an injury or condition like arthritis or ligament instability, our team will work closely with you to find a brace that fits your needs perfectly. You’ll never feel more confident than when wearing one of our high-quality products! Action: Contact us today at 403-263-2225 if you would like more information about our products and services!
These custom knee braces are designed to help with the condition of your ankles. With patents pending, these braces can be adjusted for right and left use, improving appearance significantly. Using a gel-filled pad in key areas helps cushion pains associated with Osteoarthritis Unloader braces or ligament stabilization bands. Durable metal closures don’t show through clothing and promote better adduction while avoiding sweat build-up that leads to nasty infections. The nearly endless amount of sizing available ensures that you will not have any concerns about whether or not they fit correctly!
Uses of custom knee braces
1. Custom knee braces can be used to treat injuries such as ligament tears, meniscus tears, and arthritis.
2. They can also be used for the prevention of injury in athletes who are at risk of future injury.
3. Knee braces can help with chronic pain caused by conditions like osteoarthritis or ankylosing spondylitis.
4. Knee braces are often worn when recovering from a total joint replacement surgery to ensure that the new joint is protected from damage until it heals properly.
5. Braces can provide relief for people who suffer from medical conditions such as cerebral palsy or Parkinson’s disease because they allow them to walk upright without assistance.
6. A custom knee brace provides support and stability while walking or standing which helps manage symptoms associated with these diseases.
Benefits from using a custom knee brace
1. Custom knee brace can be designed to fit your body’s specific needs.
2. It provides more stability and support than a traditional knee brace.
3. The custom design will help you recover from injury faster because it is tailored for your unique body shape.
4. You can choose the material, style, and colors of the brace based on what you want.
5. A customized knee brace is made-to-order so you don’t have to worry about ordering the wrong size or getting stuck with something that doesn’t work for you.
6. When done right, a custom knee brace will provide relief from pain without restricting mobility as many other braces do.
None of the information in this newsletter is a replacement for proper medical advice. Always see a medical professional for advice on your individual condition.
More From The Blog
The latest news, commentary and recipes from the team at Action Sports Clinic.
Referred pain is the term used when pain is felt at a different location to the source that is sending the pain signal. There are many kinds of referred pain, and some are easier to explain than others.
As running is a repetitive impact activity, most running injuries develop slowly and can be challenging to treat. Here are three of the most common conditions faced by runners.
Plantar fasciitis is a common condition of the foot and heel affecting both athletes and members of the general public | Action Sports Clinic
Frequently Asked Questions
What services do you offer?
We specialize in the practice of Sports Medicine and provide services related to Sports Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Physical Therapy, Massage as well as off the shelf and custom Prosthetics & Orthotics.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes! We take pride in personal service and being very accomodating. Please click any of our Appointment Buttons and submit your information, we will be in touch to confirm your date and time.
Where is your office located?
We are located in downtown Calgary at 639 – 5th Ave SW – Suite 130. Easy street access right across 5th Avenue from Tim Hortons. Limited customer parking available at rear of building.
What are the office hours?
We are open Monday – Friday from 7:00 am until 5:00 pm.
Do I need a referral from my physician?
No, a referral is not required to schedule an appointment.
Do you provide custom brace solutions?
Yes, Dr. Rennick is qualified by the world’s top orthoepedic brands to develop custom bracing solutions for many conditions.
What Brands does Action Sports Clinic Carry?
We carry brands from the worlds top manufacturers including Donjoy, Össur, CTi, Bauerfeind, Thuasne and more.